The parents of 2-year-old Lane Graves have set up a memorial foundation to honor their son, who was fatally attacked by an alligator while playing near a man-made lake at Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa last week.
Graves’ funeral service was scheduled for Tuesday morning in Nebraska, local NBC affiliate WOWT reports. In a statement on the foundation’s website, the toddler’s parents, Melissa and Matt Graves, said “losing Lane has broken our hearts in the worst possible way.”
The foundation, which is named for Graves, will make direct donations to “various charitable organizations,” according to its website.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022