The parents of 2-year-old Lane Graves have set up a memorial foundation to honor their son, who was fatally attacked by an alligator while playing near a man-made lake at Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa last week.
Graves’ funeral service was scheduled for Tuesday morning in Nebraska, local NBC affiliate WOWT reports. In a statement on the foundation’s website, the toddler’s parents, Melissa and Matt Graves, said “losing Lane has broken our hearts in the worst possible way.”
The foundation, which is named for Graves, will make direct donations to “various charitable organizations,” according to its website.
Graves was on vacation with his mother, father and 4-year-old sister when he was killed. His body was recovered in the same area he had been playing in before the attack.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement