Virtual reality technology is heading toward mainstream use, and augmented reality is one type of the emerging technology. Augmented reality devices, such as the Microsoft HoloLens or Google Glass, overlay virtual images on top of the real world.
Experts believe augmented reality will be useful in the workplace, such as by guiding factory workers in manufacturing products, presenting scenarios for work training or GPS-enabled displays. Brands like McDonald’s, Tommy Hilfiger and Dior have also used VR for marketing.
In this poll ahead of the World Economic Forum in China, TIME asks key questions about the impact of virtual and augmented reality that would change the way you live your life. The results of the poll will be presented during a panel hosted by TIME editor Matt Vella in Tianjin, China on June 26.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror