Virtual reality technology is heading toward mainstream use, and augmented reality is one type of the emerging technology. Augmented reality devices, such as the Microsoft HoloLens or Google Glass, overlay virtual images on top of the real world.
Experts believe augmented reality will be useful in the workplace, such as by guiding factory workers in manufacturing products, presenting scenarios for work training or GPS-enabled displays. Brands like McDonald’s, Tommy Hilfiger and Dior have also used VR for marketing.
In this poll ahead of the World Economic Forum in China, TIME asks key questions about the impact of virtual and augmented reality that would change the way you live your life. The results of the poll will be presented during a panel hosted by TIME editor Matt Vella in Tianjin, China on June 26.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now