Virtual reality technology is heading toward mainstream use, and augmented reality is one type of the emerging technology. Augmented reality devices, such as the Microsoft HoloLens or Google Glass, overlay virtual images on top of the real world.
Experts believe augmented reality will be useful in the workplace, such as by guiding factory workers in manufacturing products, presenting scenarios for work training or GPS-enabled displays. Brands like McDonald’s, Tommy Hilfiger and Dior have also used VR for marketing.
In this poll ahead of the World Economic Forum in China, TIME asks key questions about the impact of virtual and augmented reality that would change the way you live your life. The results of the poll will be presented during a panel hosted by TIME editor Matt Vella in Tianjin, China on June 26.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement