Virtual reality technology is heading toward mainstream use, and augmented reality is one type of the emerging technology. Augmented reality devices, such as the Microsoft HoloLens or Google Glass, overlay virtual images on top of the real world.
Experts believe augmented reality will be useful in the workplace, such as by guiding factory workers in manufacturing products, presenting scenarios for work training or GPS-enabled displays. Brands like McDonald’s, Tommy Hilfiger and Dior have also used VR for marketing.
In this poll ahead of the World Economic Forum in China, TIME asks key questions about the impact of virtual and augmented reality that would change the way you live your life. The results of the poll will be presented during a panel hosted by TIME editor Matt Vella in Tianjin, China on June 26.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time