Every year, a group of songs compete to be crowned the ultimate song of the summer: that one anthem that will come to dominate the airwaves and be the background jam to all your sun-drenched memories. In 2016, the field feels especially crowded, with offerings from pop heavy-hitters like Drake (with a song called “Summer Sixteen,” he’s basically begging for it), Rihanna, Calvin Harris, Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake all clambering to claim the title.
Luckily, there’s a happy compromise with DJ Earworm’s new “Summersmash ’16” mashup. The DJ is best known for his inevitably-viral end-of-year mashups, the “United State of Pop,” which cut together the year’s top tunes in a catchy send-off to the calendar year — a neat cultural artifact. So it only makes sense that he’d apply his skills to the field of summer favorites, resulting in a surprisingly seamless summer jam that will satisfy (almost) all your friends at once.
Now we can all just get along, right?
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time