Every year, a group of songs compete to be crowned the ultimate song of the summer: that one anthem that will come to dominate the airwaves and be the background jam to all your sun-drenched memories. In 2016, the field feels especially crowded, with offerings from pop heavy-hitters like Drake (with a song called “Summer Sixteen,” he’s basically begging for it), Rihanna, Calvin Harris, Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake all clambering to claim the title.
Luckily, there’s a happy compromise with DJ Earworm’s new “Summersmash ’16” mashup. The DJ is best known for his inevitably-viral end-of-year mashups, the “United State of Pop,” which cut together the year’s top tunes in a catchy send-off to the calendar year — a neat cultural artifact. So it only makes sense that he’d apply his skills to the field of summer favorites, resulting in a surprisingly seamless summer jam that will satisfy (almost) all your friends at once.
Now we can all just get along, right?
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up