Every year, a group of songs compete to be crowned the ultimate song of the summer: that one anthem that will come to dominate the airwaves and be the background jam to all your sun-drenched memories. In 2016, the field feels especially crowded, with offerings from pop heavy-hitters like Drake (with a song called “Summer Sixteen,” he’s basically begging for it), Rihanna, Calvin Harris, Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake all clambering to claim the title.
Luckily, there’s a happy compromise with DJ Earworm’s new “Summersmash ’16” mashup. The DJ is best known for his inevitably-viral end-of-year mashups, the “United State of Pop,” which cut together the year’s top tunes in a catchy send-off to the calendar year — a neat cultural artifact. So it only makes sense that he’d apply his skills to the field of summer favorites, resulting in a surprisingly seamless summer jam that will satisfy (almost) all your friends at once.
Now we can all just get along, right?
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out