The Federal Bureau of Investigations released details of Omar Mateen’s engagements with police during the Orlando nightclub shooting on June 12 as well as a partial transcript of his calls. In calls to police, the shooter was described as “calm” and “deliberate,” telling dispatchers he was responsible for the brutal attack that left 49 dead and 53 injured. The shooter also pledged allegiance to ISIS during the attack, though the FBI redacted all of the references to the terror network in the transcript.
On Monday afternoon, in the wake of criticism mainly from Republican leaders, the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice issued the un-redacted transcript of Mateen’s call with 911. The updated version of the call is included below.
Read the full transcript and timeline below, via the FBI.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World