Warning: This post contains spoilers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
On Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, Ramsay Bolton died with the bloody fanfare that only this series can deliver: he was beaten senselessly by Jon Snow and then fed to his own dogs by Sansa Stark.
Fans couldn’t have been happier with the turn of events, chalking it up to poetic justice.
Iwan Rheon, who played Bolton for four seasons, spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his character’s gory demise.
“I think it’s kind of right he goes down,” Rheon said. “Because what else is he going to do after this? He’s done so many things. It’s justified and it’s the right thing to do. It’s the right path.”
He also spoke on how he learned that he’d be offed.
“I had received half the scripts, five episodes, then I got the call,” he said. “They joked, ‘Isn’t it great Ramsay ends up on the Iron Throne?’ As soon as they said that I said, ‘He’s dead isn’t he?'”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears