Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is notoriously healthy: his commitment to fitness and balanced diet are well-documented (and pretty inspirational). So it should come as no surprise that the former wrestler and current action star has eschewed the sweet taste of candy for over 25 years — going back to a Twizzler he consumed in 1989.
“I’m just not a big candy guy,” he told Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show Thursday night.
But his nearly-three-decades of cavity-free living came to a crashing halt during his chat with Fallon, who brought out Ring Pops, Nerds on a Rope, Twizzlers and a (horrifyingly) giant gummy worm.
“Wow, you tempt me — look at that!” The Rock joked.
Finally, he pulled out Pop Rocks, which seems appropriate for a man named The Rock. Fallon pours the sweet stuff into Johnson’s mouth, and we get to hear the sizzle and pop of the bizarre candy.
“This is history right here,” Fallon says.
The two also acted together in a skit re-living an awkward high school prom experience, complete with braces and cringeworthy attempts at picking up girls. You can see The Rock’s comedic chops further in his new buddy comedy with Kevin Hart, Central Intelligence, which opens today.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer