Amy Schumer and Anna Wintour are pretty much opposites: one is a comedian with a well-documented love of sweatpants, while the other is a high-fashion editor known for her chic style. But in a new video released by Vogue (Schumer is July’s cover star for the fashion bible), the two decide to switch roles for a day, Freaky Friday-style, since they each think the other’s job is “pretty easy.”
But Schumer struggles with the editor gig — stomping around in high heels is no walk in the park — and seems flummoxed by having to make hard fashion choices, like distinguishing between two different near-identical tops. Even her lunch order delivery gives her pause. Wintour, meanwhile, sets out to perform standup comedy… and is an unexpected hit with audiences.
“So. Anyone here on a first date? Last date?” Wintour deadpans in the darkened club, still rocking her signature oversized sunglasses.
The video comes along with a full profile of Schumer for the magazine, where we learn a few fun facts about the comedian: she drinks a daily juice (and eschews caffeine), owns a Hillary Clinton doll and keeps a saved voicemail message from the presidential candidate on her phone.
And when it comes to her love life — which she has always mined for jokes — Schumer is clear: she’s “in love” with her current boyfriend and it’s a “real relationship.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating