Oprah has spoken.
The talk show host told Entertainment Tonight on Wednesday that she is supporting Hillary Clinton for president. “Regardless of your politics, it’s a seminal moment for women,” Winfrey said. “What this says is, there is no ceiling, that ceiling just went boom! It says anything is possible when you can be leader of the free world.”
“I really believe it’s going to happen,” Oprah added. “It’s about time that we make that decision.”
Winfrey was a high-profile backer of then-Sen. Barack Obama in his 2007-2008 primary run, first voicing her support for him in 2006 and appearing on the campaign trail with him as he faced then-Sen. Clinton in late 2007. Oprah was viewed as a key help in raising Obama’s popularity among black voters.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.