A video appears to show English soccer fans taunting children thought to be refugees or migrants by rolling coins towards them for their own amusement in Lille, France.
The footage emerged ahead of the England-Wales soccer game Thursday in the Euro 2016 championship. The scene shows four children rushing for coins that a few people in an onlooking crowd toss towards them, to laughter and jeers as they scramble for the money.
This isn’t the first instance of horrible behavior on the part of fans at the tournament. Violence broke out between groups of Russian and English supporters earlier this week, and there have reportedly been clashes with French police.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time