A video appears to show English soccer fans taunting children thought to be refugees or migrants by rolling coins towards them for their own amusement in Lille, France.
The footage emerged ahead of the England-Wales soccer game Thursday in the Euro 2016 championship. The scene shows four children rushing for coins that a few people in an onlooking crowd toss towards them, to laughter and jeers as they scramble for the money.
This isn’t the first instance of horrible behavior on the part of fans at the tournament. Violence broke out between groups of Russian and English supporters earlier this week, and there have reportedly been clashes with French police.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve