Mark Zuckerberg is not a lizard person, okay?
The Facebook founder hosted his first Facebook Live Q&A yesterday and the Internet turned out in force to ask the CEO some very pressing questions. “Mark, are the allegations true that you’re secretly a lizard?” asked one commenter. Zuckerberg was apparently not aware of the rumors that he is a lizard dressed up like a man and seemed confused by the question. “Um… I’m gonna, I’m gonna have to go with ‘no’ on that. I am not a lizard,” Zuckerberg replied, before sarcastically adding: “But keep the high quality comments coming in please, this is surely on track to be a great Live Q&A if we continue getting stuff at that level of quality.”
The Q&A was livened up by the surprise appearance of comedian Jerry Seinfeld, who was at Facebook HQ for an Oculus Rift event.
If the Internet commenters made Zuckerberg nervous, the quick-witted Seinfeld did little to soothe him. When Zuckerberg enthused about an A.I. butler in development, Seinfeld shrugged it off. “Isn’t it funny how we work so hard to just eliminate a little bit of effort? To get the door is not that much work but we are going to put in a lot of work to save us from walking to the door and opening it,” Seinfeld said in a bit that could make an appearance in one of his stand-up routines.
Zuckerberg also tried to find common ground with the famously dry comedian by talking about running with his daughter, Max. “She likes running with me. She loves it. She thinks she’s flying,” he told Seinfeld. “Yeah, I always think kids in those jogging strollers are probably thinking, ‘we are probably so late for something,’” the comedian said.
Turns out Seinfeld wasn’t done with Zuckerberg yet. He got the tech whiz to talk with him for what looks like a future installment of Seinfeld’s web show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World