President Obama spoke about the fight against the Islamic State, the Orlando shooting and Donald Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims coming to the United States in a forceful speech after his National Security Council meeting Tuesday.
“Are we going to start treating all Muslim-Americans differently?” he said. “Are we going to start subjecting them to special surveillance? Are we going to start discriminate them, because of their faith? We heard these suggestions during the course of this campaign. Do Republican officials actually agree with this?”
Here is a full transcript of the speech.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow