President Obama spoke about the fight against the Islamic State, the Orlando shooting and Donald Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims coming to the United States in a forceful speech after his National Security Council meeting Tuesday.
“Are we going to start treating all Muslim-Americans differently?” he said. “Are we going to start subjecting them to special surveillance? Are we going to start discriminate them, because of their faith? We heard these suggestions during the course of this campaign. Do Republican officials actually agree with this?”
Here is a full transcript of the speech.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023