President Obama on Tuesday will address Sunday’s deadly shooting at a gay nightclub in Orland. The attack, which police say was committed by Omar Mateen, is the deadliest mass shooting in American history.
Obama will make a statement following a National Security Council meeting about the militant group ISIS. Mateen called 911 before the shooting to express his support for ISIS, according to the FBI, and his affinity for the terrorist organization, along with previous attacks around the world by ISIS supporters, has once again placed the group in the center of the national security conversation.
The President is expected to speak at about 11:55 a.m. E.T. Watch his remarks live above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This