The 10-time Grammy winner started crying after dedicating the concert to the victims of the shooting at the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando — the largest mass shooting in U.S. history, which left 50 dead and 53 wounded.
“I would like to start tonight by dedicating this entire show to everybody in Orlando at Pulse nightclub,” the singer said. “The LGBTQA community, they’re like my soulmates since I was really young, so I’m really moved by it,” she concluded before breaking into tears.
She later cracked a bittersweet joke at her own songbook.
“I don’t know why I’m crying already because most of tonight is pretty miserable because my songs are f—ing miserable.”
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com