Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton addressed Planned Parenthood supporters on Friday, taking the opportunity to criticize Donald Trump for his stance on women’s issues.
“When Donald Trump says, ‘Let’s make America great again,’ that is code for ‘let’s take America backward.’ Back to a time when opportunity and dignity were reserved for some, not all. Back to the days when abortion was illegal, women had far fewer options, and life for too many women and girls was limited,” she said.
Here are her full remarks from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund membership event in Washington, D.C.:
Read more: Donald Trump on Abortion: ‘I’m Saying Women Punish Themselves’
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- AI Is as Risky as Pandemics and Nuclear War, Top CEOs Say
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction