Hillary Clinton called Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren “an incredible public servant” Thursday, saying she’d be qualified for the role of vice president.
Clinton also praised Warren’s critique of Donald Trump, telling Politico, “I think she is an incredible public servant, eminently qualified for any role. I look forward to working with her on behalf of not only the campaign and her very effective critique of Trump, but also on the issues that she and I both care about.”
During the same interview, Clinton also told Politico she thinks Sen. Bernie Sanders has “contributed greatly to the campaign,” adding that she looks “forward to talking to him.”
Clinton’s praise for Warren came on the heels of the presumptive Democratic nominee’s endorsement from President Barack Obama Thursday afternoon.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org