Remember back in 2012 when Barack Obama made an appearance on a special Late Night With Jimmy Fallon to “slow jam the news?” On Thursday’s episode of The Tonight Show, viewers once again had the opportunity to see the President deliver a soulful breakdown of the week’s major events.
In a segment that was recorded Wednesday during Obama’s first trip to Studio 6B, the Commander in Chief delivered his second musically enhanced broadcast with the help of Fallon and house band The Roots.
But while his first “slow jam”—which was performed in front of an audience at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill — focused on student loans, this one saw Obama reflecting on his past eight years in office while Fallon purred some Barry White-style accompaniment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer