Described by Netflix as “a love letter to the supernatural classics of the ’80s,” it hones in on the bizarre story of a young boy who suddenly disappears, leading to an unraveling of other mysteries in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.
The trailer’s only a little over 2 minutes, but things get pretty freaky in the brief clip; to wit, there are shady, top-secret government experiments, supernatural occurrences and one very creepy little girl. If that’s not enough to entice you, Winona Ryder freaking out in full-on mom mode is a gem from Stranger Things that you won’t want to miss.
The season debuts on July 15. Prepare for the imminent binge by watching the full trailer below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List