Fans of supernatural films from decades past (think E.T. and Poltergeist) are in for a treat with Netflix’s upcoming series Stranger Things.
Described by Netflix as “a love letter to the supernatural classics of the ’80s,” it hones in on the bizarre story of a young boy who suddenly disappears, leading to an unraveling of other mysteries in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.
The trailer’s only a little over 2 minutes, but things get pretty freaky in the brief clip; to wit, there are shady, top-secret government experiments, supernatural occurrences and one very creepy little girl. If that’s not enough to entice you, Winona Ryder freaking out in full-on mom mode is a gem from Stranger Things that you won’t want to miss.
The season debuts on July 15. Prepare for the imminent binge by watching the full trailer below.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space