She might only be 12, but Grace VanderWaal’s powerhouse vocals and ukulele skills have already caught the attention of some of music’s toughest critics, including one Mr. Simon Cowell.
The precocious singer appeared on America’s Got Talent on Tuesday night, where her flawless performance of an original song, “I Don’t Know My Name,” earned Grace an endorsement from Howie Mandel‘s golden buzzer, with judge going so far as to call her “a living, beautiful, walking miracle.”
However, the biggest compliment of the night came from the infamously hard-to-impress Cowell, who told the aspiring chanteuse that she reminded him of one of America’s biggest pop stars.
“Grace, you know what I predict for you? I think you are the next Taylor Swift,” Cowell said.
Watch her full performance below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization