Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders spoke to a crowd of supporters at a rally in California on Tuesday night, vowing to continue to “fight for every vote and every delegate,” shortly after Hillary Clinton declared victory in the Democratic primary during a speech in New York.
“We are going to fight hard to win the primary in Washington, D.C.,” Sanders said. “I am pretty good at arithmetic, and I know that the fight in front of us is a very, very steep fight. But we will continue to fight for every vote and every delegate we can get.”
Clinton won voting contests in California, New Jersey, New Mexico and South Dakota on Tuesday. Sanders won contests in Montana and North Dakota.
Here are his complete remarks from the rally in Santa Monica:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time