Despite his friends’ and family’s attempts to paint Brock Turner as a victim, the 20-year-old was convicted of sexually assaulting a woman, now 23, while she was unconscious behind a dumpster at a fraternity party on Stanford University’s Palo Alto, California, campus in 2015.
According to Turner’s father, it’s alcohol‘s fault.
According to Turner’s friend Leslie Rasmussen, it was a case of “clouded judgement.”
But, as this chart so deftly points out, figuring out who and what to blame is not complicated at all. Because one thing causes rape: Rapists.
Clothing, excessive drinking, flirting and walking alone all are not reasons — or excuses — for rape.
Rapists are the sole cause of rape. Period.
So, Brock Turner apologists: Please refer to the chart in case there is any further confusion.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World