The English actor Ian McShane guest-starred in Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, playing Brother Ray, a philosophical reformed killer who is ultimately himself killed. He’s there to help reform the Hound — the Hound being Sandor Clegane, who last appeared in the show’s fourth season.
“I think my main use was to re-introduce a character people thought was long gone and who needed some humanity,” McShane told Entertainment Weekly. “The Hound has not been shown much humanity in his life, and he gets a little from Brother Ray and carries that forward into his character, which makes it more interesting for those who watch him.”
Read more in Entertainment Weekly here.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time