The English actor Ian McShane guest-starred in Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, playing Brother Ray, a philosophical reformed killer who is ultimately himself killed. He’s there to help reform the Hound — the Hound being Sandor Clegane, who last appeared in the show’s fourth season.
“I think my main use was to re-introduce a character people thought was long gone and who needed some humanity,” McShane told Entertainment Weekly. “The Hound has not been shown much humanity in his life, and he gets a little from Brother Ray and carries that forward into his character, which makes it more interesting for those who watch him.”
Read more in Entertainment Weekly here.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022