Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali died on Friday at 74, decades after he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. He had recently been admitted to a hospital in Arizona with serious respiratory issues, and family members rushed to his bedside as his condition deteriorated.
The Associated Press offers some answers to common questions about Parkinson’s:
For much more on Muhammad Ali, see TIME’s ALI: The Greatest, a 112-page, fully illustrated commemorative edition. Available at retailers and at AMAZON.COM
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time