Muhammad Ali, the legendary boxer who has died at 74, didn’t spend much time on Twitter. He maintained a verified account, @MuhammadAli, but as it notes: “Tweets Originating from The Champ Himself Have the Hashtag #AliTweet.”
And as it would happen, the final tweet from The Champ Himself was a birthday wish. The final two tweets, actually. He wished Bono a happy birthday on May 10. And he wished The Rock a happy birthday on May 2.
And his last one before that? A tribute to the late musician and performer Prince, who died in April.
For much more on Muhammad Ali, see TIME’s ALI: The Greatest, a 112-page, fully illustrated commemorative edition. Available at retailers and at AMAZON.COM
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears