The Australian singer dropped her synth-heavy rendition of the song on Friday as a way to tide fans over until her sophomore album is released. She’s currently working on the follow-up to her wildly popular 2014 debut, Take Me When You Go, but make no mistake—the Lewis cover isn’t a single from the new album.
“I’m so concerned about putting out my story specifically, and this is Donna’s story,” Who told SPIN. “For me, it’s redirected attention, wanting to go, ‘Hey guys, I promise I’m not dead.’”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time