Most of us resign ourselves to looking unattractive in our passport photos.
But Stuart Boyd, a British man who ordered a new passport for his summer vacation in Greece, found something particularly unsavory about his photo: in it, he looks exactly like Adolf Hitler.
Boyd, a 50-year-old former paramedic who works in public transport, has light facial hair. But in the passport photo, a dark toothbrush mustache appears above his upper lip thanks to some unfortunate shadowing, making the resemblance to the infamous Nazi dictator rather uncanny.
“I was really angry when I saw it,” Boyd told the Manchester Evening News. “I was distraught, really. I just thought, ‘Oh, for God’s sake, I have to have this for 10 years and they can’t even get it right.”
He posted the image to Facebook, where it quickly went viral. His friends made light of it, but luckily local authorities caught on and reached out. Boyd said the Passport Office told him they didn’t “intentionally” make him look like Hitler, and are investigating the error. They’ve also promised to deliver him a new passport—hopefully, this time, without the menacing mustache.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023