Most of us resign ourselves to looking unattractive in our passport photos.
But Stuart Boyd, a British man who ordered a new passport for his summer vacation in Greece, found something particularly unsavory about his photo: in it, he looks exactly like Adolf Hitler.
Boyd, a 50-year-old former paramedic who works in public transport, has light facial hair. But in the passport photo, a dark toothbrush mustache appears above his upper lip thanks to some unfortunate shadowing, making the resemblance to the infamous Nazi dictator rather uncanny.
“I was really angry when I saw it,” Boyd told the Manchester Evening News. “I was distraught, really. I just thought, ‘Oh, for God’s sake, I have to have this for 10 years and they can’t even get it right.”
He posted the image to Facebook, where it quickly went viral. His friends made light of it, but luckily local authorities caught on and reached out. Boyd said the Passport Office told him they didn’t “intentionally” make him look like Hitler, and are investigating the error. They’ve also promised to deliver him a new passport—hopefully, this time, without the menacing mustache.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working