Boxing legend Muhammad Ali has been hospitalized with a respiratory issue, his rep said Thursday.
The 74-year-old former heavyweight champion was in fair condition, but was only expected to be in the hospital for a “brief” stay, according to a statement.
Ali, who has been battling advanced Parkinson’s disease, has made few public appearances in recent years. Last September, he attended an awards ceremony by the University of Louisville honoring his prolific boxing career and legacy as a hometown hero. The Muhammad Ali Childhood Home Museum in Louisville opened earlier this month.
Ali was previously hospitalized for several days in…
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time