Boxing legend Muhammad Ali has been hospitalized with a respiratory issue, his rep said Thursday.
The 74-year-old former heavyweight champion was in fair condition, but was only expected to be in the hospital for a “brief” stay, according to a statement.
Ali, who has been battling advanced Parkinson’s disease, has made few public appearances in recent years. Last September, he attended an awards ceremony by the University of Louisville honoring his prolific boxing career and legacy as a hometown hero. The Muhammad Ali Childhood Home Museum in Louisville opened earlier this month.
Ali was previously hospitalized for several days in…
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve