During a performance in Amsterdam on her world tour to promote the smash hit album 25, British singer-songwriter Adele took a moment to invite two little girls on stage. She then realized she’d known one of the girls as a baby, and her reaction is priceless.
In a video captured from the audience, Adele asks one of the girls where she lives.
“England. In London,” the girl says.
“Where in London?” says Adele.
“London London,” says the girl.
Adele pauses for a moment. “Oh. My. God…I knew you when you were a baby! I knew her when she was a baby!”
The girl is the daughter of Adele’s cellist who was then playing in the concert.
Adele follows that up with a string of exclamations, “Oh my god! Shut up! No way!”
Apparently being one of the most successful performers of all time doesn’t inure a person to that weird feeling of meeting someone and realizing you’ve known them for years.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This