During a performance in Amsterdam on her world tour to promote the smash hit album 25, British singer-songwriter Adele took a moment to invite two little girls on stage. She then realized she’d known one of the girls as a baby, and her reaction is priceless.
In a video captured from the audience, Adele asks one of the girls where she lives.
“England. In London,” the girl says.
“Where in London?” says Adele.
“London London,” says the girl.
Adele pauses for a moment. “Oh. My. God…I knew you when you were a baby! I knew her when she was a baby!”
The girl is the daughter of Adele’s cellist who was then playing in the concert.
Adele follows that up with a string of exclamations, “Oh my god! Shut up! No way!”
Apparently being one of the most successful performers of all time doesn’t inure a person to that weird feeling of meeting someone and realizing you’ve known them for years.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time