ABC republished the interview Wednesday afternoon, in which Trump discussed his marriages to Ivana Trump and Marla Maples. During the conversation, he blamed Ivana’s work in a management position at his Atlantic City casino for his marriage to her failing.
“If you’re in business for yourself, I really think it’s a bad idea to put your wife working for you. I think it’s a really bad idea. I think that was the single greatest cause of what happened to my marriage with Ivana,” he said.
But his disapproval of working wives extended beyond hiring them himself; he said that there were times (dinnertime, in particular) when he found his then-wife Maples’ employment problematic.
“I have days where I think [Maples’ job is] great. And then I have days where, if I come home — and I don’t want to sound too much like a chauvinist — but when I come home and dinner’s not ready, I go through the roof,” he said.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time