The organization in charge of approving new emojis has selected 72 new ones that will roll out later this month and undoubtedly enhance your text messages.
Some highlights of the emoji additions include an avocado, an arm taking a selfie, a face palm, a pregnant woman, a dancing man and a face with a Pinocchio-esque nose. Another emoji offers a visual depiction of ROFL, meaning “rolling on the floor laughing.” And some of them are sure to come in handy ahead of the Summer Olympic Games—gymnast; fencer; and gold, silver and bronze medals.
The Unicode Consortium made a final decision to include these new emoji at a recent meeting. The complex process for approving new emoji involves thousand-word proposals and multiple committee votes.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up