The organization in charge of approving new emojis has selected 72 new ones that will roll out later this month and undoubtedly enhance your text messages.
Some highlights of the emoji additions include an avocado, an arm taking a selfie, a face palm, a pregnant woman, a dancing man and a face with a Pinocchio-esque nose. Another emoji offers a visual depiction of ROFL, meaning “rolling on the floor laughing.” And some of them are sure to come in handy ahead of the Summer Olympic Games—gymnast; fencer; and gold, silver and bronze medals.
The Unicode Consortium made a final decision to include these new emoji at a recent meeting. The complex process for approving new emoji involves thousand-word proposals and multiple committee votes.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow