Famed video game maker Nintendo and footwear brand Vans have teamed up to create a set of shoes inspired by classic titles like Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong, the companies announced Wednesday.
The shoes will be available on June 3 in sizes for both kids and adults. Other Nintendo-branded apparel, like backpacks and socks, are also on the way, Vans says.
Nintendo has long sold clothing and accessories based on its well-known characters, like Mario and Princess Peach. The Vans collaboration marks a new approach by the company to leverage its intellectual property amid flagging financial performance.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time