On Tuesday, Pottermore revealed a first look at Harry, Ginny, and Albus Severus Potter in the forthcoming London play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which picks up 19 years after the book series ends. Now, the site has posted the first photos of another important wizarding family, the Weasley-Grangers.
Paul Thornley, Noma Dumezweni and Cherrelle Skeete will play Ron, Hermione and daughter Rose in the play, which opens in July and begins previews soon. Some fans were surprised at the casting of Dumezweni, an Olivier award winner, as the actress is black, unlike Emma Watson who played Hermione in the films. But J.K. Rowling knowingly pointed out that the “canon” description of Hermione did not contradict the casting—and indeed, some fans noted they had always assumed Hermione was black in the books.
For fans who can’t make it to London to see the play, there’s good news: the script will be published in book form on July 31, Harry Potter’s birthday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time