A “monster” alligator went on an amble though Buffalo Creek Golf Course in Florida to the shock of golfers.
The moment was captured by Charles Helms, who was on the course with a friend when he noticed the beast ambling over the green and towards the lake. He started filming the alligator— which he estimates to be about 15 feet long— posting the video on his Facebook page on May 25.
“I was stunned and silent,” said Helms to ABC Action News.”I didn’t know if we were being punked or something…It was just laying down, resting, when it got up and started moving towards the big lake,” says Helms who was out on the course with a friend.
The oversized alligator is apparently a regular at the course. Speaking to 3 News, course employee Wendy Schofield said: “He doesn’t bother anybody and they don’t bother him, he’s like a mascot for the course.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears