A “monster” alligator went on an amble though Buffalo Creek Golf Course in Florida to the shock of golfers.
The moment was captured by Charles Helms, who was on the course with a friend when he noticed the beast ambling over the green and towards the lake. He started filming the alligator— which he estimates to be about 15 feet long— posting the video on his Facebook page on May 25.
“I was stunned and silent,” said Helms to ABC Action News.”I didn’t know if we were being punked or something…It was just laying down, resting, when it got up and started moving towards the big lake,” says Helms who was out on the course with a friend.
The oversized alligator is apparently a regular at the course. Speaking to 3 News, course employee Wendy Schofield said: “He doesn’t bother anybody and they don’t bother him, he’s like a mascot for the course.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer