The couple, who attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Un Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall, were also on hand so that George could be awarded a medal for his work with Francis’ Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
George 55, will serve as an ambassador for one of the foundation’s art projects, according to Reuters. Salma Hayek and Richard Gere were at the event and will also serve as ambassadors. The meeting consisted of testimonials, music, videos and a Q&A session, according to Vatican Radio.
Amal, 38, wore a chic, black lace Atelier Versace dress for the Vatican City trip, paired with a matching turban hat and Jimmy Choo shoes. Meanwhile, George looked dapper in a suit with a white shirt.
Ahead of the papal visit, George and Amal shared a dinner date in Rome, sitting down for a meal at high-end eatery Dal Bolognese in the city’s Piazza del Popolo.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science