George and Amal Clooney exchanged smiles and handshakes with Pope Francis on Sunday during a visit to Vatican City.
The couple, who attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Un Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall, were also on hand so that George could be awarded a medal for his work with Francis’ Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
George 55, will serve as an ambassador for one of the foundation’s art projects, according to Reuters. Salma Hayek and Richard Gere were at the event and will also serve as ambassadors. The meeting consisted of testimonials, music, videos and a Q&A session, according to Vatican Radio.
Amal, 38, wore a chic, black lace Atelier Versace dress for the Vatican City trip, paired with a matching turban hat and Jimmy Choo shoes. Meanwhile, George looked dapper in a suit with a white shirt.
Ahead of the papal visit, George and Amal shared a dinner date in Rome, sitting down for a meal at high-end eatery Dal Bolognese in the city’s Piazza del Popolo.
This article originally appeared on People.com
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk