The couple, who attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Un Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall, were also on hand so that George could be awarded a medal for his work with Francis’ Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
George 55, will serve as an ambassador for one of the foundation’s art projects, according to Reuters. Salma Hayek and Richard Gere were at the event and will also serve as ambassadors. The meeting consisted of testimonials, music, videos and a Q&A session, according to Vatican Radio.
Amal, 38, wore a chic, black lace Atelier Versace dress for the Vatican City trip, paired with a matching turban hat and Jimmy Choo shoes. Meanwhile, George looked dapper in a suit with a white shirt.
Ahead of the papal visit, George and Amal shared a dinner date in Rome, sitting down for a meal at high-end eatery Dal Bolognese in the city’s Piazza del Popolo.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'