The couple, who attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Un Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall, were also on hand so that George could be awarded a medal for his work with Francis’ Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
George 55, will serve as an ambassador for one of the foundation’s art projects, according to Reuters. Salma Hayek and Richard Gere were at the event and will also serve as ambassadors. The meeting consisted of testimonials, music, videos and a Q&A session, according to Vatican Radio.
Amal, 38, wore a chic, black lace Atelier Versace dress for the Vatican City trip, paired with a matching turban hat and Jimmy Choo shoes. Meanwhile, George looked dapper in a suit with a white shirt.
Ahead of the papal visit, George and Amal shared a dinner date in Rome, sitting down for a meal at high-end eatery Dal Bolognese in the city’s Piazza del Popolo.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State