It’s been five seasons since Benjen Stark disappeared on Game of Thrones after voyaging north of The Wall, but on Sunday night’s episode, he returned.
Some critics had predicted this might happen. Late last week, Crystal Bell at MTV sagely noted that “on a show like Game of Thrones, it’s necessary to abide by a simple principle: dead body, or it didn’t happen.”
And indeed, in Benjen’s case, it didn’t happen. (Some fans are probably still holding out hope that this theory applies to Hodor, whose death in last week’s episode shook things up.) Fans were quick to celebrate, of course.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow