Virginia high school junior Jewel Moore says a plus-size Disney princess would do a world of good for girls who feel ugly for not fitting the skinny animated stereotype. Even with Disney’s latest princess movie Frozen, many have pointed out Anna’s “absurd proportions,” noting that her eyes are larger than her wrists.
“I made this petition because I’m a plus-size young woman, and I know many plus-size girls and women who struggle with confidence and need a positivie [sic] plus-size character in the media,” Moore wrote on Change.org. So far, the petition has gained more than 18,000 signatures.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving