Virginia high school junior Jewel Moore says a plus-size Disney princess would do a world of good for girls who feel ugly for not fitting the skinny animated stereotype. Even with Disney’s latest princess movie Frozen, many have pointed out Anna’s “absurd proportions,” noting that her eyes are larger than her wrists.
“I made this petition because I’m a plus-size young woman, and I know many plus-size girls and women who struggle with confidence and need a positivie [sic] plus-size character in the media,” Moore wrote on Change.org. So far, the petition has gained more than 18,000 signatures.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time