DJ Calvin Harris made his first public statement Thursday after a car crash left him hospitalized last week.
Harris—who is dating singer Taylor Swift and whose real name is Adam Wiles— tweeted an apology to his fans for canceling shows but said he feels “lucky and very grateful” in the wake of the crash.
Harris’s team posted an update to his official Facebook account Thursday saying he “is still recovering from the injuries sustained in the car accident last Friday” and that he needs to cancel two upcoming shows. “[He] hopes to be back to his normal schedule soon,” the post says.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement