Swimming champ Ryan Lochte revealed that the secret to his 11 Olympic medals (and a very naked People “Sexiest Man Alive” nod) is a diet that includes pizza, chicken wings, and a Mountain Dew every Friday.
“I’ve been doing it since I was 9 years old,” Lochte said. “I’ve only missed it six times.”
Pizza and chicken wings aside, Lochte also revealed this his biggest vice is sweet, not savory. “I have a weakness: Yellow Starbursts, and I haven’t had one in about two months,” he said.
Lochte is currently training for the Summer Olympics in Rio, which means that even though the swimmer is cutting out the yellow Starbursts, he’s still eating six times a day, clocking in at about 8,000 calories daily.
When asked by his personal chef, Glenn Lyman (who’s also worked for LeBron James and Jeff Gordon), to imagine how many more gold medals he might have if he had “not eaten pizza and wings every Friday for your entire life,” Lochte responded with a resounding no.
“I refuse to give it up,” he said.
Lochte has tapped into one of life’s most basic truths — gold medals may come and go, but pizza (and chicken) is forever.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization