James Bond has been womanizing, drinking and sure, saving the world for over 50 years on the big screen. And with Daniel Craig stepping down from the lucrative movie franchise, the door is wide open for fresh blood. And Motto is sincerely hoping that change comes in the form of a Jane Bond.
We’re not alone in our need for a lady Bond. X-Files actress Gillian Anderson endorsed a campaign urging the Bond creators to make her the next 007. Quantico star Priyanka Chopra also threw her hat into the ring after being asked if she was interested in being a ‘Bond girl’: “F— that — I wanna be Bond!” Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke has even come up with her own dream ‘Bond Boy’—Oscar-winner Leonardo DiCaprio.
While we think Anderson, Chopra and Clarke are worthy contenders, we’ve put together a short list of other women we’d love to see portray Bond.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World
Bond: Lucy Liu
Bond: Rosamund Pike
Bond: Zoe Saldana
Saldana has already proven herself as an action star in Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy and the recent Star Trek films, but she has yet to carry a major action film on her own. And if her red carpet looks are any indication, her Bond wardrobe will be on point.