Warning: This post contains spoilers from the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
Looks like Kristian Nairn — who played Hodor on Game of Thrones — isn’t quite over his devastating final scene in the HBO drama. After Sunday’s episode revealed the gentle giant’s condition and death were both caused by the time-traveling Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright), one fan took it upon himself to recreate Hodor’s last moments in real life.
YouTube user Turps shared a video of himself calling out for Nairn to hold the elevator door following a screening of the Warcraft movie Wednesday. “Awkward,” he says, as the actor glares at him. “Sorry, man. You go ahead, I’ll get the next one.”
It was all in good fun, though. “Had to rush out and nearly missed out on the last elevator, luckily someone held the door for me,” he captioned the clip. “Thanks to Kristian ‘Hodor’ Nairn for being such a legend!”
Other fans have chosen to show their appreciation for the beloved character in sweeter ways. Nairn posted a photo on his Instagram Wednesday of a cake he received while staying at a hotel. “To a a true gentleman who holds the door,” the accompanying note read. “Enjoy your stay.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out