Warning: This post contains spoilers from the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
Looks like Kristian Nairn — who played Hodor on Game of Thrones — isn’t quite over his devastating final scene in the HBO drama. After Sunday’s episode revealed the gentle giant’s condition and death were both caused by the time-traveling Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright), one fan took it upon himself to recreate Hodor’s last moments in real life.
YouTube user Turps shared a video of himself calling out for Nairn to hold the elevator door following a screening of the Warcraft movie Wednesday. “Awkward,” he says, as the actor glares at him. “Sorry, man. You go ahead, I’ll get the next one.”
It was all in good fun, though. “Had to rush out and nearly missed out on the last elevator, luckily someone held the door for me,” he captioned the clip. “Thanks to Kristian ‘Hodor’ Nairn for being such a legend!”
Other fans have chosen to show their appreciation for the beloved character in sweeter ways. Nairn posted a photo on his Instagram Wednesday of a cake he received while staying at a hotel. “To a a true gentleman who holds the door,” the accompanying note read. “Enjoy your stay.”
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up