Warning: This post contains spoilers from the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
Looks like Kristian Nairn — who played Hodor on Game of Thrones — isn’t quite over his devastating final scene in the HBO drama. After Sunday’s episode revealed the gentle giant’s condition and death were both caused by the time-traveling Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright), one fan took it upon himself to recreate Hodor’s last moments in real life.
YouTube user Turps shared a video of himself calling out for Nairn to hold the elevator door following a screening of the Warcraft movie Wednesday. “Awkward,” he says, as the actor glares at him. “Sorry, man. You go ahead, I’ll get the next one.”
It was all in good fun, though. “Had to rush out and nearly missed out on the last elevator, luckily someone held the door for me,” he captioned the clip. “Thanks to Kristian ‘Hodor’ Nairn for being such a legend!”
Other fans have chosen to show their appreciation for the beloved character in sweeter ways. Nairn posted a photo on his Instagram Wednesday of a cake he received while staying at a hotel. “To a a true gentleman who holds the door,” the accompanying note read. “Enjoy your stay.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This