Crude oil prices topped $50 a barrel on two key indexes Thursday for the first time since November.
Crossing the $50 mark breaks down a psychological barrier for traders who have worried about oil prices in recent months as the price of crude has dipped at times below $30 a barrel. But analysts warn the rebound could be temporary if the spike in prices leads to increased oil production.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time