Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, said on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that he would debate the underdog in the Democratic race so long as the debate’s proceeds were donated to charity. Sanders replied shortly after on Twitter agreeing to the idea.
Whether such an unorthodox debate will actually happen remains an open question. Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton had previously declined Sanders’ request for a debate in the state, and Trump may not have been serious.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.