A team of chefs in Italy set a Guinness World Record by baking a 1.15-mile-long pizza, the longest ever.
A video of a woman laughing in a Chewbacca mask went massively viral, logging more than 140 million views on Facebook.
An 18-year-old from St. Louis re-created Beyoncé’s 2015 Met Gala dress for her senior prom.
Florida-based Saltwater Brewery helped design a line of edible and biodegradable six-pack rings in an effort to protect sea creatures.
CBS’s fall TV schedule will (sort of) reunite Friends stars Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry–they’re both starring in Monday-night comedies.
As part of a promotion, rental company HomeAway is giving tourists a chance to spend a night in the Eiffel Tower during the Euro 2016 soccer tournament.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
Louisiana State University’s famous live mascot, Mike the Tiger, was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer; he will undergo an aggressive treatment plan.
Atlanta’s International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers removed the iconic peach from the top of its building–and from the city’s skyline. Said the group’s leader:
‘We hated that peach. It was ugly, and we couldn’t stand it.’
Critics of the new logo for Japan’s Minshinto political party–meant to evoke an M–mocked it for depicting an “indecent” act.
Hangar 1, a Bay Area–based distillery, debuted a limited-edition batch of vodka that is made from San Francisco fog and costs $125 per bottle.
Police in Palm Bay, Fla., responded to a burglary call at an office–only to find that the culprit was a rebellious raccoon.
This appears in the June 06, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was