A team of chefs in Italy set a Guinness World Record by baking a 1.15-mile-long pizza, the longest ever.
A video of a woman laughing in a Chewbacca mask went massively viral, logging more than 140 million views on Facebook.
An 18-year-old from St. Louis re-created Beyoncé’s 2015 Met Gala dress for her senior prom.
Florida-based Saltwater Brewery helped design a line of edible and biodegradable six-pack rings in an effort to protect sea creatures.
CBS’s fall TV schedule will (sort of) reunite Friends stars Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry–they’re both starring in Monday-night comedies.
As part of a promotion, rental company HomeAway is giving tourists a chance to spend a night in the Eiffel Tower during the Euro 2016 soccer tournament.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
Louisiana State University’s famous live mascot, Mike the Tiger, was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer; he will undergo an aggressive treatment plan.
Atlanta’s International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers removed the iconic peach from the top of its building–and from the city’s skyline. Said the group’s leader:
‘We hated that peach. It was ugly, and we couldn’t stand it.’
Critics of the new logo for Japan’s Minshinto political party–meant to evoke an M–mocked it for depicting an “indecent” act.
Hangar 1, a Bay Area–based distillery, debuted a limited-edition batch of vodka that is made from San Francisco fog and costs $125 per bottle.
Police in Palm Bay, Fla., responded to a burglary call at an office–only to find that the culprit was a rebellious raccoon.
This appears in the June 06, 2016 issue of TIME.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.