The futuristic sunglasses were created as a part of her role as a brand ambassador for the hallowed French fashion house; she is the first of Dior’s house ambassadors to design with them.
The collection is fittingly (and succinctly) called “Rihanna” and features six different colors, including a luxurious 24-karat gold-plated version that will sell for $1,950.
The Anti singer told WWD that she has always been inspired by the unique device LeVar Burton wears in Star Trek: The Next Generation.“I’ve always been obsessed with his eyewear, and when I got to Dior and saw all the materials I could play with, it all just came together,” she said.
See Rihanna modeling her sunglasses below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating