Rihanna just outed herself as the world’s coolest nerd with her latest design collaboration with Dior — a line of ultra-luxe sunglasses inspired by Star Trek‘s Geordi La Forge.
The futuristic sunglasses were created as a part of her role as a brand ambassador for the hallowed French fashion house; she is the first of Dior’s house ambassadors to design with them.
The collection is fittingly (and succinctly) called “Rihanna” and features six different colors, including a luxurious 24-karat gold-plated version that will sell for $1,950.
The Anti singer told WWD that she has always been inspired by the unique device LeVar Burton wears in Star Trek: The Next Generation.“I’ve always been obsessed with his eyewear, and when I got to Dior and saw all the materials I could play with, it all just came together,” she said.
See Rihanna modeling her sunglasses below.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction