Nyle DiMarco, the deaf supermodel who previously rose to prominence winning America’s Next Top Model, has been crowned the victor of Dancing With The Stars, alongside his dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd.
DiMarco, who was a fan favorite throughout the show’s 22nd season, took the title at the end of Tuesday night’s season finale, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
“This is such an amazing feeling,” Murgatroyd, his partner, said. “I owe everything to [DiMarco].”
DiMarco has made a name for himself as an advocate for the deaf community.
“I’m ready to take the world by storm and have them look at me and say, ‘deaf people can dance,’” he told People via an interpreter earlier this year.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears