Nyle DiMarco, the deaf supermodel who previously rose to prominence winning America’s Next Top Model, has been crowned the victor of Dancing With The Stars, alongside his dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd.
DiMarco, who was a fan favorite throughout the show’s 22nd season, took the title at the end of Tuesday night’s season finale, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
“This is such an amazing feeling,” Murgatroyd, his partner, said. “I owe everything to [DiMarco].”
DiMarco has made a name for himself as an advocate for the deaf community.
“I’m ready to take the world by storm and have them look at me and say, ‘deaf people can dance,’” he told People via an interpreter earlier this year.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time