The X-Files actress tweeted a mock-up poster of herself as the iconic British spy, emblazoned with the 007 logo and the date November 2017, as well as a caption that reads, “It’s Bond. Jane Bond.” and the hashtag, #NextBond.
Fans jumped on the idea, voicing their support on Twitter:
Rumor has it that current Bond protagonist Daniel Craig is leaving the Bond franchise. During the press tour for Spectre, the actor said he would rather “slit his wrists” than suit up again as the suave super-spy. Besides Elba and Hiddleston, Billions actor Damian Lewis has also been mentioned as a possible replacement. And in a recent interview, Quantico star Priyanka Chopra said she’d much rather play 007 than a Bond girl.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears