The X-Files actress tweeted a mock-up poster of herself as the iconic British spy, emblazoned with the 007 logo and the date November 2017, as well as a caption that reads, “It’s Bond. Jane Bond.” and the hashtag, #NextBond.
Fans jumped on the idea, voicing their support on Twitter:
Rumor has it that current Bond protagonist Daniel Craig is leaving the Bond franchise. During the press tour for Spectre, the actor said he would rather “slit his wrists” than suit up again as the suave super-spy. Besides Elba and Hiddleston, Billions actor Damian Lewis has also been mentioned as a possible replacement. And in a recent interview, Quantico star Priyanka Chopra said she’d much rather play 007 than a Bond girl.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror