The X-Files actress tweeted a mock-up poster of herself as the iconic British spy, emblazoned with the 007 logo and the date November 2017, as well as a caption that reads, “It’s Bond. Jane Bond.” and the hashtag, #NextBond.
Fans jumped on the idea, voicing their support on Twitter:
Rumor has it that current Bond protagonist Daniel Craig is leaving the Bond franchise. During the press tour for Spectre, the actor said he would rather “slit his wrists” than suit up again as the suave super-spy. Besides Elba and Hiddleston, Billions actor Damian Lewis has also been mentioned as a possible replacement. And in a recent interview, Quantico star Priyanka Chopra said she’d much rather play 007 than a Bond girl.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time