Beloved fan favorite character Hodor appeared to die during Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones. The gentle giant, who served as Bran’s protector throughout the series, was killed by White Walkers toward the end of the episode. Almost immediately, the show’s fanbase on Twitter was alight with indignant grief.
There is, however, a silver lining in this loss. Through his death, which came about in a complicated sequence in which Bran operated in both the past and present, fans learned why he was only capable of saying one word, his name.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.