Beloved fan favorite character Hodor appeared to die during Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones. The gentle giant, who served as Bran’s protector throughout the series, was killed by White Walkers toward the end of the episode. Almost immediately, the show’s fanbase on Twitter was alight with indignant grief.
There is, however, a silver lining in this loss. Through his death, which came about in a complicated sequence in which Bran operated in both the past and present, fans learned why he was only capable of saying one word, his name.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart