A person was shot outside the White House in Washington, D.C., on Friday, law enforcement authorities said.
The U.S. Park Police posted on Twitter shortly after 3 p.m. that there had been a shooting on West Executive Drive, near 17th and Pennsylvania Avenue—not far from the White House. President Barack Obama was not there at the time, CNN reported.
The victim was taken to a hospital in critical condition, CNN reported, citing a fire department spokesman.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up