In the latest update of “random holidays no one ever wanted to exist,” today is National Send a Nude Day—if you believe Twitter trends.
While there’s not necessarily anything wrong with taking nude pictures—live your best life, even if it’s best lived naked!—the potentially pressuring hashtag and some of the responses to it are enough to make anyone a little queasy.
Still, you can celebrate this “holiday” in many artful ways. We’re here to help with some ideas.
- Your bare arm (it’s 65 degrees outside!)
- The snagged pair of nude hose that your mom made you buy for your last job interview
- Tom Ford lipstick in “Sable Smoke”
- Your still-dry-and-cracked-from-winter elbow (sexy!)
- Essie in “ballet slippers”
- A Naked mole rat (yup, it’s real, and it’s a mammal)
- A Sphynx cat
- An uncooked whole chicken
- A zoomed-in shot of your forehead—bonus points if you’re having a stress-related breakout
- Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette
- Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus
We’ll see you at the next made-up holiday (our calendars are looking at you, National Burger Day).
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma