President Barack Obama delivered the commencement address at Rutgers University on May 15, indirectly criticizing Donald Trump by mentioning some of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s policies, including his plans to build a Mexican border wall and ban Muslims from entering the country.
“In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue,” Obama said. “It’s not cool to not know what you’re talking about. That’s not keeping it real, or telling it like it is. That’s not challenging political correctness. That’s just not knowing what you’re talking about.”
Here are the full remarks from Obama’s speech on the Rutgers campus in Brunswick, New Jersey.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization