Mariah Carey’s shade is the gift that keeps on giving. Just a day after saying that no one was good enough to sing at her upcoming wedding, the diva appeared on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live and gave Andy Cohen an interview that should go down in history for Carey’s unabashed (and uncensored) candor.
When asked about the now-notorious time that she said of J. Lo, “I don’t know her,” Carey clarified that while she knows of J. Lo, she doesn’t necessarily know her, “It’s not like I don’t know who she is—of course I do.”
Mimi also conceded that she could be forgetful, “You know what? I’m very forgetful,” she said. “Apparently I’m very forgetful…If I had never had a conversation with you and someone asked me about you, I’d be like, ‘I don’t know him, but he seems cool,’ or, ‘I don’t know him.’”
Cohen then asked, “Does she seem cool?” After a weighted pause, Mariah Carey responded in the most Mariah way possible with her now-iconic line, “I don’t know her!”
In addition to telling Cohen that she still doesn’t know J. Lo, MC refused to say anything about Nicki Minaj when asked to say three nice things about her former American Idol co-host, asking the host instead, “Can you?”
Here’s to Mariah Carey, the queen of shade.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time